“Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.”
Recently blog author, Mike Senczyszak, contacted me. He informed me that he nominated me for the Liebster Award. I’m pretty new to blogging and have never heard of the Liebster Award so I did a little hunting on the internet. This is what I discovered on The Global Aussie’s website:
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Mike for thinking of me and nominating me. I’ve been following Mike’s writings since I started The Gratitude Letters at the beginning of the year and he has been a huge inspiration to me. If you get a chance, check out his site, Solsbury Hill. You won’t be disappointed.
In keeping with the Liebster Award tradition, I’ve been asked to follow the rules and keep the award going. The rules are as follows:
1. Acknowledge the person who has nominated you for this award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate other deserving bloggers.
5. Let them know you’ve nominated them.
6. Give 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
Mike’s questions for me were fun to answer so without further ado…
If you had to leave your country of residence, where would you go?
Canada. I’ve never been there but I’ve seen the pictures and it looks magical with its beautiful lakes, mountains, and northern lights.
Do you primarily write freely, then edit later, or edit each sentence compulsively as you go?
Freely then edit, edit, and edit again.
How many selfies have you taken this month?
Zilch. I’m selfie shy.
Coke or Pepsi?
I’m a retired Pepsi drinker and a now self-proclaimed Coke lover.
Who are you most like and why; Harry Potter, Frodo, Hermione Granger, Princess Leia, or Clark Griswold?
Princess Leia. She seems like a bit of a control freak so I relate to her best.
Page after Page, by Heather Sellers.
What is your second biggest regret in life?
I’m not the kind of person to dwell on the past. The sooner I can move on from my mistakes, the better. However, if I had to list something it would be that I didn’t buy the stained glass lamp I saw on sale at Cracker Barrel. It was beautiful.
Which character do you most identify with in the Breakfast Club – nerd, druggie, jock, princess, weirdo, or the principal?
Definitely the weirdo. I’ve always wanted to try a Captain Crunch and Pixy Stix sandwich.
What is your favorite vacation destination?
The U.S. Virgin Islands.
What ‘famous person’ do you admire most, and why?
Garfield. He can eat as much as he wants and nobody passes judgement.
What is your single favorite ‘overindulgence meal’?
Snow crab legs.
11 Random Facts about Me
- I have a pen addiction.
- My favorite video game is Fallout 4.
- I still pretend my hairbrush is a microphone and sing into it when no one is around.
- I just binge-watched all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls on Netflix.
- I’m lactose-intolerant.
- I can’t say no to cotton candy.
- I own Chocolate Monopoly.
- I’ve never seen the movie, Casablanca.
- I put my Oreos in a glass with almond milk and eat them with a fork.
- I’m very competitive.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
The following people have not only inspired me to be a better blogger but they have taught me everything I know and gave me many smiles during the process. My nominees for the Liebster Award are (insert drum roll here):
My 11 questions for the nominees are as follows:
1. Coffee or tea?
2. What was the last book you read?
3. If you could only take one cd with you on a deserted island, what would it be? (Assume there is a cd player there.)
4. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
5. If you could be anything in the world when you grow up, what would it be?
6. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
7. Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?
8. What is the last board game you played?
9. What is the last movie you saw?
10. How would you describe yourself in three words?
11. What is your favorite quote?
Congrats to all the nominees!
With love and gratitude,